Krampouz professional cast iron use waffle maker : how to season and clean cast iron plates ?
Before its first use, the cast iron plate of a professional electric waffle maker requires seasoning. This simple operation is essential to use your appliance and consists to heat a thin, even coat of vegetable oil at high temperature and repeatedly. This gives it a natural non-stick properties and protects the cast iron. This gives it to protect the cast iron and make it non-stick.
How to season a cast iron use waffle maker ?
This operation is required for new plates of professional waffle maker.
Use edible sunflower seed oil that contains no other ingredients.
Season using a seasoning pad fitted with 3 stacked refill sheets.
Seasoning is carried out using a brush and lasts about 25 minutes, excludes preheating.
- Preheat the waffle maker to 280 °C.
- Close the irons for faster preheating.
- Once the irons are hot, use a brush to apply a thin, even coat of vegetable oil.
- Close the irons and allow the seasoning oil to heat for 10 minutes.
- Next, apply a second coat of oil, and heat for 10 minutes.
- Switch the waffle maker off.Préchauffer le gaufrier à 280°C.
Krampouz cast irons require seasoning before the first use of the professional electric waffle maker.
How to carry out regular cleaning of professional cast iron plates use waffle maker ?
- With the iron plates closed, preheat the waffle maker to its maximum temperature of 300 °C.
- Heat for a few minutes on maximum temperature.
- Switch the waffle maker off.
- Whilst the plates are still hot, use a wire brush to remove any sugar or fat residues.
- If you are stripping the plate back, keep rubbing until the cast iron appears.
How to strip back plates use waffle maker by Pyrolysis ?
- When the waffle iron is cold, unscrew the Heating Element Pack.
- Remove the plates for cleaning.
- Place one plate in the oven and select the Pyrolysis program.
- Once the Pyrolysis programme is complete, leave the plate to cool down, then use a wire brush to lift off any residues.